Music has many benefits and many music lovers will agree that it sparks a lot of energy and emotions within. Music addicts, musicians, and music producers around the world have certain amazing features in common. Their taste in various genres of music partly or wholely define their personality one way or the other. A person’s choice of music can tell a lot about who they are.
Below are some jaw-dropping facts about music that has never crossed your mind. It is a compilation of well researched facts by Engrossing facts on Twitter. They offer daily tweets on ‘Did you Know?’ facts you will be awed to know about. Follow them for more tips.
1. 85% of people use music to escape from daily emotional stress.
A lot more people these days, tend to plug in their sound system or earphones just to suck in some music whenever they feel stressed up and depressed.
2. Listening to music at high volumes makes a person calmer, happier and more relaxed.
Dancing and grooving to loud music wherever you find yourself tends to release happiness hormones that helps us feel more relaxed and happier. Tuning in to music at parties, events or even the home, at higher volumes, indeed does magic to the body.
3. Music with strong beat can stimulate brain waves which improve concentration.
Need I say more? The beat of a music is that powerful.
4. We are subconsciously attracted to people who have the same taste of music as we do.
Truth be told, we tend to like people the more when we realise that they like and listen to the same kinds of music that we love to listen to. Who else can relate?
5. Memorizing song(music) lyrics is found to be one of the best exercises for the brain.
Apart from reading, learning and memorizing song lyrics, and even, singing along, is one of the best exercises that stimulate the brain. This helps to improve the memory and helps one to recollect and memorize things faster.
6. Listening to music while working creates a positive mood and makes you more productive.
Ever tried listening to music while washing or cleaning the house? You will relate easily with this point if you ever tried listening to music while working on strenuous tasks.
7. Music is so influential on the brain that the type you listen to actually has the ability to change the way you think and look at the world.
Just like words are powerful, the lyrics of music teaches us a lot about life, love and culture that we tend to see the world and to perceive things differently.
8. Listening to your favorite song before bed can help you sleep better, wake up easier, and enhance your mood for the upcoming day.
Oh yes! This fact though. Do I have any partners-in-crime when it comes to sleeping to some favorite Playlist?
9. The chills you sometimes feel when listening to music is called “musical frisson”
I mostly get these chills from listening to John Legend, Rihanna, Olly Murs, Asa, and Adele. Walaba you? (what about you?)
10. Music can repair brain damage and return lost memories.
I guess we can try this on the inmates of the Psychiatric hospital. Haha. This last point raises the greatest and key benefit of music. The higher one’s consumption, the lower the chances of brain related problems, and vice versa.
I hope these facts taught you a lot about music that you did not know about. Share with me on more facts that you know about music, and which of the above that you do relate to the most. Which are your favorite Playlist and their artiste?