Sleep is very necessary for the body to regain energy. It also relaxing the nerves reducing the chances of stress and other nervous breakdown symptoms of the body. The more or the less time a person spends to sleep says a lot about their personality.
Here are 12 facts about sleep by @engrossingfacts on Twitter, that every person must know about. These are compiled facts drawn from the twitter handle that offers daily tweets of jaw dropping well researched facts you did not know about. Find out more about some sleeping tips you need to keep in mind, below.
1. Around 2% of the world’s population are considered “sleepless elites”, which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
2. The happier you are, the less sleep you require to function in everyday life. Sadness increases the urge to sleep more.
3. Sleeping is an effective cure to forget about pain, problems, stress and everything for a while.
4. Sleeping next to someone you love not only reduces depression, but it also helps you to live longer and makes you fall asleep faster.
5. Feeling sleepy? Hold your breath until you can’t anymore and then breath out slowly. This will increase your heart rate.
6. People who sleep less tend to eat more the following day.
7. Sleeping for less than 6 hours any night will impact your ability to think deeply the following day.
8. Before going to bed, 93% of people count how many hours of sleep they’re about to get.
9. Lack of sleep causes the brain to remember events incorrectly.
10. People who sleep less tend to crave junk food. People who over sleep tend to crave more sleep.
11. “Beauty sleep” is real- Scientists found that faces of well-rested people looked younger and more attractive than sleep-deprived people.
12. People who sleep late have more mental stamina and can outperform early risers.
These tips have well summarized everything you need to know about sleep, it’s benefits and disadvantages. Kindly share with us more tips you know about sleep.